Pinewood Pooch Package Policy
We look forward to having you and your pet stay with us at Pinewood Lodge. To ensure the comfort and safety of our guests, the following Pet Policy applies to your pet’s stay:
- Prior Approval Required. Prior approval is required because we allow a limited number of pets at Pinewood Lodge. All pets visiting must be up-to-date on all vaccinations and in good health. Pinewood Lodge reserves the right to request any pet medical documentation.
- Fees. There is a one-time Refundable damages / cleaning deposit pet fee per reservation of $100 that will be charged to your account, to be paid upon arrival, to cover up to two pets. This fee is for potential deep cleaning of the room upon departure. Once housekeeping has checked the room and management have signed off, this deposit will be released, and may take up to five working days to return to your account.
- Acceptable Pets. We welcome all well-mannered dogs and cats and caged birds. Two well-mannered pets per room are permitted. Dogs weighing 30kgs and over may be allowed at our discretion and you must obtain approval at the time you make your reservation. No other types of pets are allowed. Service animals accompanying people with disabilities are always welcomed at Pinewood Lodge. Service animals need to be declared at the front desk, however, are not required to pay the one-time pet charge. “ESA” (or Emotional Support Animals) must have written documentation from a medical professional in order for the fee to be waived.
- Pets may not be left unattended in guest rooms. See item 6.
- We reserve the right to require immediate removal of any pet that displays dangerous and unacceptable behavior, including but not limited to biting, excessive noise (such as barking), evidence of disease, or urination/defecation in public areas.
- Declaration at Check-in. When checking in at the Reception desk, your pet must be declared and you must sign a copy of this policy as acknowledgement and agreement to all terms and conditions contained in this policy. If you have booked a room type that is not one of our one or two bedroom cabins, you will need to upgrade to a room that is pet friendly (one and two bedroom cabins). This is subject to availability and upgrade fees may apply.
- Failure to declare at Check-in. If your pet is not declared at the time of check in, you will be charged a $150 fee. If your room type is not self-contained, you will be charged a $250 fee.
- Noise must be kept to a minimum. Barking dogs can disturb other guests. If your pet is left unattended and is making noise, the Manager may request your early departure from our premises.
- Pet Control/Containment in Public Areas. Pets must be leashed, caged or firmly held when they are outside, including during their walks on outdoor grounds. Please clean up after your pet and dispose of pet waste in the bags provided and in the general waste bins on site. Pets are not allowed on furniture in guestrooms. You are welcome to bring/use your own pet bed or, alternatively, we can provide a bed (subject to availability) at no additional cost. Pet beds and bowls provided by us must be returned to Pinewood Lodge Reception upon check-out, in a clean and acceptable state.
- Housekeeping. For the safety and comfort of your pet and our staff, Housekeeping will NOT service your room with your pet inside.
- Injuries to Others/Damage to Guest Rooms. You will be solely responsible for any and all injury your pet inflicts on other guests, pets or our staff, and any damages your pet causes to the guest rooms/units of our property. Your account will be charged for any repair or replacement cost for any property damage caused by your pet. You agree to release, defend and indemnify Pinewood Lodge and Apartments from any and all claims and/or damages related to your pet or pet’s stay at our Lodge, including any claims by third-parties.
In addition to the above policies, we also make the following suggestions:
- Have your pet vaccinated, washed and apply flea & worm medication prior to your arrival
- Ensure that your pet wears a name tag with owner phone number
You will be presented with this policy upon check-in and by signing, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree to all of the terms and conditions outlined.